Beginnings

 


                                                                     

April 14, 2023

Just when I had almost given up, here we are in mid-April and the sun is shining! And as far as I can tell, all is right with the world. It may not be that way everywhere...but I say "Bloom where you're planted." Well, I don't really say that, but I think it's some good advice...the little flowers have begun to show their colors at my house and it's so encouraging! Each time I go out the door, I swear I may actually be seeing them grow. 

I'm not going to overwhelm your inbox with a bunch of emails, but I hope to keep you in the loop a little. I think we all have some natural curiosity about the circles we turn in our lives, and the yarn store is no exception, some of us spend a lot of time here! A lot of relationships are built in small groups of like-minded folks sometimes (if we want it or let it). We want to KNOW what is what, who is who, why, and how it all started. We don't always get to ask the questions we want the answers to, because sometimes we weren't there (dang it!) ...so I thought this might be a good time to tell the story of how Knit & Spin began. 

"When I was working at the US Embassy in Budapest, my friend Megan (who is also originally from MI) insisted I join the knitting group that met every Thursday, except I didn't know how to knit. She assured me she had everything I needed and that she would teach me and she did!                         (Thank you, Megan!💓)

I really enjoyed the knitting but, more so the community of women who gathered each week to share with and support one another. It was a great comfort in the midst of the challenges of living in a foreign country. 

When Warren retired and we moved back to Michigan, we started the little hobby farm we had been planning. I had wanted alpaca for a long time and was more excited about it since I had learned to knit. I thought I would open a little shop at our farm with my alpaca yarn and invite people who loved fiber to come knit together.

Instead, I decided to open a shop in town and offer a variety of yarn and spinning wheels. Most importantly, I wanted a community that supports one another, promotes positive personal growth, and a desire to educate and inspire others."

Leanne

Megan and Leanne

My First Knitting Group
My First Knitting Group

You can join in with us any time the shop is open to work on knitting or crochet (or whatever portable craft you're working on, and/or relationship-building skills 😁).

Store hours are as follows: 
Closed Sundays and Mondays 
Tuesdays 10a- 7p
Wednesdays 10a-5p
Thursdays 3p-7p
Fridays and Saturdays 10a-4p. 
The first to get here get the best seats!

Plus there are some fun upcoming events, classes, and workshops coming in the future! Look for Local Yarn Store Day information next week.  



When I was working at the US Embassy in 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Newsletter

June 2023 Newsletter

Knit & Spin May Newsletter